- Spaghetti Squash Meal
- Oooo...like pasta, but hate that weighed down feeling? Try this vegetarian twist on spaghetti with meat sauce. Healthy and easy to make. Kids love to help make the "spaghetti". Source: Donna Hoffmeyer on a whim.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4||10 minutes||45 minutes|
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- 1/2 bag Morning Star Meat Crumble
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 jar Low Sodium Marinara Sauce (or 2 cups homemade)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet. Place in oven and add approximately 1 cup of water to the sheet. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- While squash is baking, sauté garlic in a pan over medium heat for 1-2 min.
- Add meat crumble and cook until thoroughly cook.
- Add 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce or 2 cups of homemade sauce. Bring to a simmer until warm.
- Once squash is tender, remove from oven. Take a fork and "shred" out the contents. The squash will have a "spaghetti" look. Divide equally into 4 bowls and top with sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information: Cal 250, Carbs 32g, Fat 9g, Protein 15g, Sodium 713mg (498mg w/o the cheese), Sugar 9g