- Sweet Potato, Squash and Apple Soup (Crockpot Version)
- OMG easy and oh so yummy! I found this recipe folder up and crunched in the back of my recipe box. Glad I did a little organizing and found it. The recipe calls for sautéing and cooking and boiling...forget that! Take all the ingredients and dump them into a crockpot and 6 hours later all you need is a blender for your perfect soup. (As shown in the picture my 2 1/2 year old daughter took...no joke)
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4 servings||20 minutes||6 hrs minutes|
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock low sodium
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and diced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes or yams peeled and diced
- 2-3 medium apples cored and diced
- Place crockpot liner in crockpot. (Hey it is all about ease here!) Add all ingredients, cover, cook on low for 6 hours or until all ingredients is very very easy to poke with a fork.
- Put about half of the crockpot goodness into the food processor/blender/ninja/vitmix and blend until smooth (30 - 60 sec should about do it). Repeat with second half.
- Pour 1/4 of the soup into your favorite bowl and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving): 164 Cal, 37g Carbs, 0g Fat, 2gm Protein, 256mg Sodium, 20g Sugar