- Vegetarian Pumpkin Chili
- There is nothing better than smelling a crockpot of chili cooking when you come in from the cold. This is so easy it is nearly shameful. The recipe is inspired from a college friend that gave me the recipe for Turkey Pumpkin Chili (thanks Beth). I replaced the Turkey with Morning Star Meat Crumble and I have fooled many folk into believing it was a meat chili...surprise!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8 people||10 minutes||4-5 hrs minutes|
- 1 can packed pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling (ewwww!)
- 1 15 oz can black beans (low sodium) rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans (low sodium) rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo (chic) peas (low sodium) rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (low sodium)
- 1 package Morning Star Meat Crumble or 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 bottle pumpkin ale beer or any pale ale beer or 6oz water
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder adjust to your taste
- 1 cup Light cheddar cheese grated topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain fat free greek yogurt topping (optional)
- Let's make life SUPER easy...place a liner in your crockpot.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the cheddar cheese and greek yogurt, into the crockpot.
- Place on high for 4-5 hours, stirring (and tasting) occasionally.
- Serve in your favorite stew bowl or mug and top with 1/8 cup cheddar cheese and a tbsp. of greek yogurt.
- Find your favorite football game and enjoy!
- Per 1 cup (or about 1 ladel) serving: 275 Cal, 41g Carbs, 4g Fat, 20g Prot, 584mg Sodium, 7g Sugar. AND a good whomp of fiber from all those beans!