- Avo-Choco-Chip Cookies
- Granted, too much of any sweet treat is not the best for us. However, if you are going to indulge then why not try to get as much nutrition out of it as possible. This recipe was inspired by a recipe from Live Better America (www.livebetteramerica.com). I replaced the white sugar with honey and the canola oil with pureed avocado. (Yes, you heard right). Don't worry if the batter has a green hue...it won't look that way after it is cooked.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|24 cookies||20 minutes||7-9 minutes|
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado pureed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups white wheat or whole wheat flour I bet almond or coconut flour would work too.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips Carob chips would also work
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large bowl beat honey, brown sugar, butter, avocado, vanilla and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Beat in flour, baking soda and salt until well blended
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a melon baller, drop cookie dough on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until very light golden brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute, then remove to cooling rack.
- Per Cookie: 130 Cal, 19g Carbs, 5g Fat, 2g Prot, 63mg Sodium, 13g Sugar