- Greek Orzo Salad
- A light summer time salad. The peppermint really gives it a refreshing taste. Use it as a side for a picnic or just pack it in your lunch. Source: Food website (http://greek.food.com/recipe/greek-orzo-salad-222963)
- 1 box Orzo
- 4 tea bags Peppermint Tea
- 1 pint Cherry/Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 English cucumber peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Kalmata olives pitted and sliced
- 1 med Red onion sliced into slivers
- 3 Tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup Green onion/scallion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Fresh oregano
- 1 Zest of Lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and peper to taste
- Cook pasta with Peppermint tea bags. Rinse with cool water
- Add remaining ingredients and toss
- FOR DRESSING: Whisk together lemon juice and mustard. Add oil in slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Add remaining ingredients.
- Toss with Orzo salad.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Nutritional Info: Cal 200; Protein 6g, Carbs 14g, Fat 13g, Sat Fat 4g, Cholesterol 15mg, Fiber 2g, Sodium 260mg