- Cilantro-Lime Tilapia
- Great easy dinner full of protein and iron. Source: Sparks People website (http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=674627)
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4||15 minutes||10 minutes|
- 4 4oz Tilapia fillets
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 Limes juiced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 cups Cooked spinach
- 1 cup Fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Garlic/garlic powder optional
- Brush fillets with 1 tsp of olive oil each.
- Squeeze juice from half a lime over each fillet. Sprinkle fish cilantro and garlic/garlic powder (optional).
- Broil in oven 6 inches from heat, about 5-7 min, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While tilapia is broiling, place spinach and garlic in pan over medium heat (or in microwave safe dish and cook according to directions) and sauté until spinach is wilted. Cover to keep warm until fish is done.
- Spoon cooked spinach on a plate, place fish over spinach, top with chopped tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- Nutritional Info: Calories 187, Fat 86.8g, Carbs 8g, Fiber 2.8g, Protein 26g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 27mg,