- Grilled Sweet Potato, Orange, and Chickpea Salad
- Bursting with beta-carotene, this is one recipe that will give a boost to your immune system! Source: Health website: http://www.health.com/health/recipe/0,,50400000119962,00.html
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6 1 1/3 cup||15 minutes||15 minutes|
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 navel oranges
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce I used Braggs in this recipe
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 oz can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained) also known as garbanzo beans
- 3 scallions (white and light green part only) thinly sliced
- Cooking Spray
Servings: 1 1/3 cup
- Microwave potatoes on high for 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Peel and slice potatoes 1/2-inch thick; reserve.
- With a sharp knife, remove peel and thick white pith from oranges; reserve juice in a bowl. Halve and slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick half moons, reserving juice. Transfer 3 tablespoons of collected juice into a bowl; whisk in vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and salt; reserve.
- Spray grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high until hot. Cook potatoes until grill marks appear, turning once (3-5 minutes per batch).
- In a large serving bowl, toss potatoes with chickpeas, oranges, scallions, and dressing.
- Nutritional Info: Cal:208; Fat 4.3g; Sat fat 0.6g; Protein 6g; Carbs 38g; Fiber 8g; Sodium 299mg