- Snack Bites
- Oh My Treat! Just one or two of these little healthy bites are enough to satisfy that sweet tooth. Sweetened with dates and honey and a little protein from peanut butter...it is great for a quick little energy burst before a workout.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|36 Bites||15 minutes||0 minutes|
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut (save a couple calories and try to find the unsweetened coconut)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (experiment with any nut butter....I loved it with the almond butter.)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (can also use wheat germ)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla (get wild and try others, hazelnut, almond...the sky's the limit)
- 1 ripe banana (optional)
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate works the best)
- Place coconut in a pan over medium heat. Frequently stir until coconut begins to turn a golden brown (approx. 2-3 min). Set aside.
- Place dates in a food processor and process until you have a paste like consistency.
- Add coconut, peanut butter (or nut butter of choice), ground flaxseed honey, vanilla and banana (optional) and process for another minute. You will have to stop occasionally and spread out the mixture.
- Add oatmeal and chocolate chips and using the pulse option, process only until they are mixed in.
- Using a melon baller, scoop the mixture and place it on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator for approximately and hour. Once chilled place in an air tight container and keep refrigerated. I couldn't tell you how long they will last, because they are usually eaten within a week!
- Nutritional Info Per Bite (with Banana, Chocolate Chips and Sweetened Coconut): Cal 80, Carbs 11g, Fat 4g, Protein 2g, Sugar 8g, Sodium 1g