- Super Cereal
- This is a huge hit in our house. Lots of fiber and antioxidants. The beauty is that you can make endless creations. Wish I could take credit for it, but the original recipe below is from the Engine 2 Diet. However, you can use whatever fruit you want. We use blueberries, strawberries, bananas, kiwi, mango, cantaloupe, raspberries, blackberries in different combinations. For cereals, we also use the Fiber One twigs and Cascadian Farms or Kashi cereals. Tip: For ease we actually mix up the various cereals in a big container. About 1/3 of 4 boxes of cereal fit into a large cereal container. This is recipe is for 1 person, but it makes a huge amount! We made it according to the recipe below and we couldn't finish a bowl. We use about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of the cereal mix and only 1/4 - 1/2 banana, if we use one. Please note: Grapefruit is not compatible with many medications. If you are unsure, please check with your medical provider.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1||15 minutes||0 minutes|
- 1/4 cup old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup Grape Nuts or Ezekiel
- 1/4 cup bite size Shredded Wheat
- 1/4 cup Uncle Sam cereal or any high fiber flake cereal
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 2 Tbsp walnuts
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 kiwi sliced
- grapefruit segments and juice
- 3/4 cup milk substitute of choice
- Toss all ingredients except the grapefruit and milk substitute into a bowl.
- After cutting grapefruit in half, use a small, sharp knife to remove the segments. Add segments to the top of the bowl and squeeze in the juice.
- Top the bowl with milk substitute.
- Source: The Engine 2 Diet